Yes. Colorado’s “Public Health Order” describes what services are deemed Critical. It explains:
“Professional services, such as legal, title companies, or accounting services, real estate appraisals and transactions…”. Read more HERE from the Colorado Association of Realtors.
Home Inspections are a professional service occurring during real estate transactions. As such, we are continuing to inspect home for our clients. We are also taking necessary precautions in order to provide safety for everyone involved.
Here are some of safety precautions we are taking:
- Inspectors must complete “COVID-19 Safety Guidelines for Home Inspectors and Contractors” before inspecting homes. This course was provided by the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors. NACHI.
- The Inspector will wear a face mask and gloves at all times.
- Personnel at the inspection will be limited. In most cases, this means only the inspector will be present at the home.
- Minimum 6 feet distance from any personnel onsite.
- Verbal contact with agents, homeowners and clients prior to the inspection in order to ensure the procedures are clear for everyone.
- Limiting time onsite. We will take the time to provide a quality and thorough inspection while onsite, and avoid any delays or unnecessary time at the home. We have the ability to gather the info quickly, and build a report later (Offsite).
- Walk-throughs with the client can be conducted from video recording, or a ZOOM meeting.
We take this public health situation seriously, and we hope our clients will too. A little bit of effort goes a long way in ensuring the safety of our clients, inspectors, agents and partners. If there are other concerns or considerations from the client or homeowner, please reach out to us at anytime.